8/26/09

One Thing Leads to Another....

In yesterday's post, I made a tasty little Salsa Verde. I mentioned that I might make it with olives in place of the capers called for. Well, of course today I had to try it!

This is another very quick and easy recipe. Another plus is the fact that you don't need any fancy equipment, just a knife and cutting board!

You could say this is a cross between a tapenade and a salsa verde. It is fantastic on sliced tomato, or as a salad dressing. Also great as a dip for essene bread.

Kalamata Karma Dressing

1 handful flat leaf parsley
1 handful basil
3 tablespoons kalamata olives
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 small shallot
juice of 1 lemon
few grinds of black pepper

1. Finely chop parsley, basil, shallot, and olives.

2. Transfer to a small bowl and add the olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper.

I topped my rosemary crackers(cut into leaf shapes) with slices of red, orange and yellow tomato. Add a small spoonful of the olive mixture, and a small sprig of fresh rosemary. I love balsamic, so I drizzled a little on too:) It is amazing how much flavor is in each bite!

Here it is as a topping for beautiful organic heirloom tomato slices, with a sprinkle of capers, and some pine nut Parmesan. A sprinkle of pine nuts will be fine if you don't have the parm:)


Here are some links for buying raw olives. You may also be able to find them at co-ops like I do, in containers in the fridge:)

Adams' Olive Ranch

Sunfood Nutrition

Raw Guru

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails